Like the blog title says, I’m a huge bookworm; a literature lover, bookishly bonkers and obsessed with amassing my own private library. The ‘sleepy’ part of the title refers to the fact I’m constantly tired because I have a chronic illness called M.E (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis). Living with a chronic illness is like living with a really demanding and clingy roommate; it’s restrictive and exhausting. I don’t know why I started this blog but living with a chronic illness can be isolating and lonely; I think it’s important to write and share my experiences. Through this blog I hope to raise awareness for those struggling with invisible and chronic illness; those with mental health problems and those that struggle to keep fighting their own body day in and day out. Maybe my posts will go unread and just provide a mental and emotional catharsis; or maybe someone else suffering with chronic illness will read and relate to my experience and feel a little less lonely and isolated.
Now that really deep and emotional part is over; here’s a quick ‘about me’ list to introduce you to all the rest of my personality and quirks.
- I’m a 27-year-old female who lives in rural Leicestershire.
- I’m an animal lover and have my own little pack; a feisty and antisocial cat, and four very crazy rats!
- I love nature photography and when I’m not stuck in bed, I’m taking photos of any wildlife I can find nearby.
- I was diagnosed with depression when I was 18 and have suffered several severe depressive episodes.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to iced coffee, it’s my drug of choice.
- I love sci-fi tv series, ‘Red Dwarf’ is my favourite and I watch it on repeat all the time.
- I have a BA Honours degree in Language and Literature.
- I have terrible social anxiety.
- I’m a spiritual person and love incense, crystals, and meditation.
- Halloween is my favourite time of year.
- I love tattoos and have several.
- I love nature but have a huge fear of bees, wasps, and dragonflies.
- Alice in Wonderland is my favourite book.
- I love video games and am a huge fan of the Assassins Creed and Silent Hill games.
- I love Harry Potter, the books, and the films.
- I hate theme parks and rollercoasters make me cry like a baby.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.